If you’re anything like me, you spent your entire winter bemoaning the cold and dreaming of spring…and then were totally oblivious when spring actually came…12 days ago. Ahem. Okay, so I’m behind the ball here. But really, what’s new?
The weather has been pretty temperamental here the last couple of weeks so it’s easy to see why I may have missed spring’s grand entrance. But who says greeting spring has to be a one time affair? To keep the celebration going, I’ve made a list of 11 ways to welcome spring!
- Breath New life into your New Years goals. Because spring is a time of new life and new beginnings, now is a good time to shake the dust off your New Years Resolution notebook and update your goals. While technically only a couple of months into the year, many people either find their resolutions were too ambitious or they already forget about them altogether. Take a moment to reflect on what isn’t working with your resolution and modify it. Remember that for a goal to be successful, use the SMART acronym. It must be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and have a Time frame (or due date) attached to it.
- Bring a little Spring beauty indoors. If you didn’t plant spring bulbs last fall, grab a bouquet of flowers from your local store and put them in a simple mason jar on your table for an eye catching centerpiece. Some springtime lovelies include hyacinth, tulips and daffodils.
- Plant something that will bring food to the table. Plant some vegetables from seed or buy sprouts from your local nursery. You don’t need much space to plant; many gardeners have good luck with vertical planting designs or even planting tomatoes and bell peppers in 5 gallon buckets on their porch. I did this for several years with success on my deck because our entire backyard was to shady to grow anything.
- Reflect on any of your friendships that need rekindling. Use this season of rebirth as a time to inject life back into your relationships. Open you heart and home to those important to you. While you’re at it, invite new acquaintances over and help a new friendship bloom and flourish.
- Do a little spring cleaning. There’s something about sparkling clean windows that really gets me excited for spring. Take a little time to sweep the porch and shake out your rugs. Spray the trashcans out with the hose. (Those things can get seriously gross).
- Declutter your winter clothes and get rid of anything that makes you feel unhappy, is torn or needs repair, is stained or ill-fitting. While it’s likely you will still need to keep several winter items on hand in your closet, begin introducing a few lighter fabrics and brighter colors into your wardrobe from your spring collection.
- Do some simple and inexpensive décor updates to bring life and color into your home to chase away the winter blahs. Try one of these easy spring wreaths or tuck one of these adorable printables into a cute frame.
- Read books about spring with your kids.
- Light a fresh scented candle. Fresh Linen, Honey Suckle, or Apple Blossom are some of my go-to’s.
- Paint your toes a bright spring pink or purple. Heck, be bold and try out a festive blue, yellow or green!
- Wake up your makeup palette. Ditch the dark, heavy colors reserved for winter and opt for a lighter, brighter color scheme. I love a slightly shimmery light mauve eye shadow. There are some really fun and bold lip colors out there right now if you can rock it! Otherwise, a tinted lip balm with a light berry color is great for the on-the-go mom.
There you have it! 11 ways to celebrate spring! What’s your favorite way to bring spring? Share below in the comments!