I was scrolling through some Weight Watcher recipes, I came across one that really caught my attention. 2 Smart Point blueberry pies. Pie. Low point pie? Yes, please. How?
The best invention for enjoyable weight loss I have found, is the air fryer. I purchased a Faberware Air Fryer and never looked back. I can eat chicken strips, French fries, pies, breaded shrimp, and so much more. I will start sharing all of my Weight Watcher friendly recipes in future posts.
It was simple; egg roll wraps, blueberries, seasoning, and the air fryer. We know how to make a fruit compote. In this recipe, the filling is very similar. You can make it your own, even using the fruit compote recipe we have with any fruit you want. Some prefer raw sugar, white sugar, Splenda, stevia, or truvia. Any sugar or sweetener is fine. Splenda was listed in this recipe because it is 0 Smart Points. Stevia and truvia are also 0 points.
For demonstration purposes, I had to make less. The first picture shows that the recipe can make 7. The results may vary by egg roll wrap size. I used large wraps. My filling didn’t take long at all. Probably about 5 minutes or less.
It is acceptable to use as little, or as many blueberries as you want for the filling. There is really no going wrong. Fresh or frozen blueberries work. I tried both. This is fast, easy, and a healthier dessert option! The filling is step one. Bring the water and blueberries to a boil, and add the dry ingredients.
Next, add your filling (I over filled this time, add one to two tablespoons) to your egg roll wrap. Carefully wrap and seal using water.
Get the air fryer preheated to 375 degrees. Once preheated, spray the pie with cooking spray, then put in the pies and cook 5 minutes on one side, then 5 on the other. Then dust with powdered sugar if desired, or add whipped topping! Fat free whipped topping is lower in points.
- 1 1/2 C blueberries
- 2 T water
- 1/2 t cinnamon or to taste (optional)
- Nutmeg to taste (optional)
- 2 T Sugar/sweetener
- 1 T cornstarch
- Add blueberries and water
- Bring it to a boil
- Add cornstarch, sweetener, and spices
- Add filling to the wrap. Try 1-2 T depending on the size of wraps you get. Just be careful not to overfill.
- Fold and seal the wrap with water
- Coat it in cooking spray or eggs wash. I sprayed the tops with one spray and rolled them around on the plate to coat them.
- Pop them in the air fryer for 5 minutes. Then flip, and fry an additional 5 minutes on the other